Image Map

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Day 2....better than day 1 :)

I know I'm not the only one who forgets what the beginning of the year is like every year, but oh my.  Day one was crazy.  Not terrible, but crazy.  Why can't September kindergarteners look just a little bit more like May kindergarteners???  I was exhausted by the end of the day.  My kidlets are as sweet as can be, but of course it just takes some time every year to build in expectations and let them know what is and isn't okay to do at school.  Our first day was pretty good, but we DID start day two this morning by completing this anchor chart...
 Ha!  We needed a good, in-depth discussion about that little (big!) word that I say ALL. THE. TIME.

And, honestly, it helped soooo much.  I was able to refer back to our list all day long and they knew exactly what I was talking about and what I expected of them.

YAY for two good days in!  YAY for 25 sweeties to teach this year!  And YAY for a class that knows what it looks like and sounds like to be respectful kindergarteners.

1 comment:

  1. How quickly we forget that our kiddos are not like those from May!! I've had to do a lot of reminding and charts like yours as well. Our day was a little better!

    Nicki
    Mrs. Thigpen's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete