Image Map

Monday, January 6, 2014

Christmas Break, snow days, and some new products...

Well.  My oh my.  The arctic blast has hit West Michigan.  The local meteorologists are calling it a "Polar Vortex".  No school today because the wind chills are near -20.  As in a negative.  And a twenty.  It's cold.  COLD!!  School has already been cancelled for tomorrow.  Our last day of school before Break was cancelled too, so tomorrow will be day 19.

Aaannnddd....my house has been cleaned from top to bottom more than once since December 19th.  Of course, today, we had a morning of crafts and glue and paper scraps and paint, so no one can tell that I have cleaned the house from top to bottom.  But my cleaning energy is all used up, so there will be no more cleaning!  At least not until tomorrow.  By tomorrow it will surely have driven me crazy enough that I will have to clean it.  If I'm going to be forced to stay inside my home for days and days on end, it can't be a pigsty.  That's all.

Anyway, I worked on some new TPT products over the weekend and am excited about using these new Write the Room activity packs with my students.  I'm working through some CVC short vowel sets, and finished A, E, and I.  Maybe tomorrow I'll get around to the others?  Or maybe I should lesson plan the rest of my week first???

I like these because the CVC words are perfect for most of my students' reading levels right now.  The graphics are by Ashley Hughes, and I like that some of the words she used aren't super common.  Like pep.  And rim.  My 6-year old was asking me what pep meant.  I love using Write the Rooms to introduce new vocabulary.

Click on any of the pictures to head over to check them out in my TPT store.



What is the weather like where you live?  And, if it's sunny and warm, can I come visit???? ;)

3 comments:

  1. I hate to share with you that Pasadena, CA is currently 79 degrees. Getting ready to watch the football championship in a few hours. Also, I am still on Winter Break (L.A.U.S.D.) until next Monday. vhair61215@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a fellow snowbound Michigan teacher! I'll be home again tomorrow due to the extreme cold..your Write the Rooms look super cute...my kiddos love any activity that gets them up and moving!
    Stay warm!
    kcahcrim@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute idea for word detectives! I love it!

    Um, so my weather looks pretty similar to yours. :)

    ReplyDelete