It's Friday! Hip, hip hooray! And time for Doodlebugs' "Five for Friday"!
Remember last week when I only had THREE for Friday, and I posted it on Saturday?
Well, this week I am back to posting on Friday, but I have SIX! Hope you don't mind! Ha! Lots and lots going on in Kindergarten these days!
1. We're headed on a field trip next week to a local farm and we're busy getting ready! Research and crafting! So far....pigs and sheep!
I found these farm animal templates and the writing pages for free HERE.
2. I enjoyed spoiling my own kids' teachers this week for teacher appreciation week! I love sending a small gift for them every day. I had a student so that for me one year and I thought it was SO thoughtful!
One of my sweet kiddos brought me this gift on Wednesday -- all of my favorites! A GREEN cup filled with GUMMI BEARS, and a bowl full of delicious RASPBERRIES. I loved this special gift!
3. I had a new student join my class a few weeks ago. I was checking his paper the other day and he asked me to add a word to the top. When I asked him which word he wanted, he said "Happy!"....I thought that was sweet!
4. We have moved into our final science unit -- living and non-living. This week we took a science nature walk outside and looked for living and non-living things. We made this list when we came back in.
And then we completed this science journal page. These come with our science curriculum.
5. I was so excited to come home from school the other day and see a box from Lakeshore Learning on my doorstep. These cuties were inside! Lakeshore's math manipulatives are awesome! So colorful and durable!
It's the perfect time of year to introduce a new manipulative and re-energize the kidlets as we wrap up our final weeks of Kindergarten. I know that they will flip over these! I can't wait to introduce them next week!
6. We whipped up fun and easy handprint gardens for our moms for Mother's Day. The kids did a great job -- they turned out really cute! What mom doesn't LOVE anything with a precious little handprint???
Happy weekend, friends!!!