Image Map

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Scoop It! {Beginning Sounds Activity}

I'm always looking for new, engaging ways to practice phonics skills with my Kindergarten students.  I love having lots (lots and lots!!) of resources to pull from when I need to introduce or practice a specific skill.  You can never have too many because you just never know what activity will become a favorite for each individual child.
With this in mind, I began creating a new beginning sound activity this week.  I was inspired by the adorable ice cream cone clip art by Creative Clips!  I thought of a million ways I could use it, but since beginning sound practice comes so early in the year, I decided to start with that first.

This activity contains 26 practice sets, one for each letter of the alphabet.  Each letter set has a cone and 8 ice cream scoops.  Your students will stack the scoops with the matching beginning sounds onto the ice cream cone, distinguishing between pictures that begin with the correct sound and those that don't.
 My littlest one is going into Kindergarten this year, so I tested it out on her.  She couldn't wait to get her hands on these ice cream scoops!  
I just love hands-on learning that is motivating and fun!
Use this activity for teacher-guided practice or independent review!  I included a recording sheet as well, making it perfect as a literacy station activity.


CLICK HERE to visit this item in my TPT store.  It is 50% off through the weekend only!  Grab it by tomorrow night for only $1.50!  

Enjoy your weekend, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment