Image Map

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Five for Friday {November 14}

Hi there!  It's the weekend and that's a wonderful thing!  I'm cozied up under a blanket today because everything outside is snow-covered and all of a sudden Michigan is like a frozen tundra!

In related news....I survived the first days of snow with my Kindies.  This is no small feat, and I'm feeling extra successful this weekend.  Every time I got them all bundled and out for recess, it was a feeling of sweet victory!  Only infinity more recesses to go before winter is over.  We can do it!  Ha!

Here are my Five for Friday (Saturday) this week... 

1. I created this simple anchor chart a couple weeks ago to remind my students what I am looking for in each of their stories.  It simplifies the process for them a bit, and is easy for them to remember.  My students are at so many different levels, but this is something they ALL need to remember.
 2.  We drew dragons this week during Project 64.  They were all so cute.  So, so cute.
3. It snowed all night on Wednesday, so we woke up Thursday to a snow-covered ground.  Meaning that I had to make sure my kids had everything they needed for recess when I brought them to school on Thursday morning.  Adding that one extra thing to my morning completely threw me right off and I realized when I got to school that I had forgotten my shoes!  I had my big clunky boots, but I couldn't teach all day in those...my feet would have been soooo sweaty.  So, I used these socks from the office.  They had been donated by one of our staff members after her son outgrew them.  He is now in 4th grade.  Navy skinnies and faded navy little boy socks.  It's a good look.  
4.  We completed our Thankful Turkeys this week.  I always love these.  They are so sweet!
I love that this girl added bottom lashes to her turkey! :) 
 Melt me.


5. We're learning about MOTION in science.  My kids loved this investigation this week.  They had to make ping pong and golf balls move without touching them.  Such a blast!  

SNOW, SNOW, SNOW!!!  My kids played outside until dark on Thursday.  Fun in the snow!  
Just can't believe it's not even Thanksgiving yet... 
Hope you are enjoying your weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog. I am also a huge fan of polka dots. They do make everything better. ;) By the way, I am your newest follower. I found you on Doodle Bugs Teaching.
    http://thepositivelypolkadottedteacher.blogspot.com/

    Mica

    ReplyDelete