Image Map

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Oh my. Yikes. Bleh.

I've been in my classroom twice over the past few days.  Every time I walk in, I get this feeling.  I'm sure you've had it too.  It's this feeling of OH MY.  And YIKES.  And BLEH.  Because while I really do love all the excitement of back-to-school, I really dislike walking through my classroom door and seeing this table of supplies needing to be put away.

And this counter FULL of books that I hoped would organize themselves over the summer.

And this faded word wall that I promised I'd re-do before August.


So, what do I do when I find myself overwhelmed by my own classroom???
I build towers with my daughter, of course!
 This was the most productive thing I accomplished on yesterday's visit, and the only thing that I started and actually finished.

BLEH.  Double and triple BLEH.

I know that once I finish all of the less fun jobs, I get to move on to the fun stuff!

I have students coming next week for a before-school science camp.  

 Between now and next Tuesday I must. tackle. the. mess.

3 comments:

  1. Just wanted to let you know that your post gave me a much needed laugh! Thanks for that! Good luck to you!

    Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way! I ended up playing my son more than doing anything while I was there too!
    Kate
    Fun in ECSE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so relate. Organizing the books is the worst! Every time I'm in my room, I look at them and then just walk away, haha! Good luck :)

    Danielle
    Carolina Teacher

    ReplyDelete