It's been a while since I've joined the Five for Friday fun, but tonight I'm watching last night's Project Runway and taking some time to reflect on my week. Check out what we were up to this week!
1. We have been working on building our "writing muscles"! Stamina, stamina, stamina! This week we got up to 13 minutes! I am so proud of my talented writers. Everyone is working hard and many are implementing the things we're working on in our writing mini-lessons. I just love writer's workshop!
2. We had a lot of fun with science this week. We are still working through our Five Senses unit. This week, I supplemented our curriculum with Caitlin Clabby's Five Senses pack. This sheet came from her pack. I used a sound CD that I have. The kids loved this!!
We also did a taste test, focusing on foods that are sweet, salty, sour, and bitter. This is always such a blast. The bitter taste of the cocoa powder always surprises the students, and the puckery lemon faces make everyone giggle!
3. I discovered an awesome new October read-aloud! My class (and my own kids) loved this book! The rhymes are so much fun. I love love love finding great new books!
4. We added a Community Helpers poem to our Interactive Notebooks this week. The Melonheadz clip art mixed with sweet 5-year-old coloring? Precious.
5. I arrived home on Tuesday to a beautiful box from Lakeshore (love Lakeshore!!) on my front step. I was so excited because I knew that the farm animal counters I have wanted for so long were inside! They will be the perfect addition to the farm study we do each May. But, we'll also get lots of use out of them the rest of the year. My own kids enjoyed playing with them at home all week, and today I brought them to school and took them out during Choice Time. We had to take turns because EVERYONE wanted to get their hands on the sweet little animals!
I am so looking forward to this lazy weekend! Enjoy it, friends!!