Image Map

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day 2013

We had such a fun and busy Valentine's Day at school !  I didn't take as many pictures as I wanted to because our day was jam-packed with all things hearts, glitter, and LOVE!

These are the valentines that I put together for my students this year.

One of the fun activities we did was this great "Find a Friend" activity.  I cannot remember whose blog I snagged it from, but my students loved it!!  We went through all of the items together first, and I drew a clue next to each so that if they had trouble reading one they could peek back at mine for help.  This was really fun for them!!


We also made a class book using this sweet freebie from Teri found here.





I like to put my class books together and then send them home with each student, one at a time, so that they each have a chance to share their work with their parents.  Sometimes I add a page for comments at the back so that the parents can write what they love about the book too.  I can't wait to get these pages bound together and start sending the book home on Monday!

We read my two favorite Valentine's Day books, "Love, Splat" and "Slugs in Love".


We also had ice cream sundaes and SO MUCH FUN passing out and opening valentines from each other!  I just LOVE this day filled with LOVE!!!

3 comments:

  1. Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays too. Your kiddos "love" drawings are so cute. Can you get any cuter than the penguins jumping into water!?:)

    Cindy
    Granny Goes to School

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Splat!! Your treats are adorable!! Lovelove!
    Nicole
    Rowdy in Room 300

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those goodie bags. They came out so cute. I'm your newest follower, drop by. =)

    Just Wild About Teaching

    ReplyDelete